Our response for a safe and enjoyable Summer at Bethany Park
We have outlined below our response to Covid, based on information from the HPNZ ( Holiday Parks NZ), which are governed by Government mandates, our own Health & Safety requirements and our heritage as a hospitable and inclusive Holiday Park and Camp. The Traffic Light system outlines that Campgrounds can remain open at all levels of this new system.
According to HPNZ, there is no mandate for vaccination certificates for holiday parks, so everyone is welcome at Bethany Park this summer. It is the individual decision of each Holiday Park whether they choose to mandate a ‘No Jab, No stay’ policy. We have chosen not to implement this. We are not anti-vax, our stance is inclusiveness.
Changes and safety measures for a safe and healthy summer:
- Mask-wearing is mandatory in the indoor communal area, eg. the indoor kitchens, shower/toilet blocks and office.
- Social distancing with floor markers and maximum number of people in buildings applies where practical. We are not able to separate camp sites or toilet/shower blocks. Neither has it been possible to restrict numbers in the shower/toilet blocks but cleaning protocol is at a very high standard.
- Our Cleaning team are all vaccinated and use the highest grade of cleaning products available for the daily clean of all communal areas. Zoono, is our main cleaning product, it is a long-acting surface protectant for up to 30 days and has been clinically proven to kill Covid virus on contact. We use the EcoLab product, Peroxide Multi which is a cleaner/sanitiser proven to kill the Covid virus in 45 seconds. This is used daily in all communal areas and cleaning the accommodation. There will be separation barriers in place so the cleaning teams can work without masks for their comfort in the heat and your safety.
- Unfortunately we won’t be running the Children’s Programme or the movies this summer.
- We will have the Riwaka Café and Fresh Fruit Ice-cream truck on The Green again.
- The indoor dining rooms and lounge spaces in Camp One and Camp Two will be closed over summer.
- The indoor kitchens in both Camps will be open, with spacing indicators on the floors and mask-wearing mandatory.
- The outdoor BBQ and kitchen areas will be open, with limited tables, to ensure appropriate social distancing is achievable. We ask you to cook and eat on your site or in your cabin as much as possible.
- We have installed barrier arms at the entrance by the office and entrance to the storage areas, only cars registered at the office can now access beyond the carpark.
This information is accurate for today, but as we know it can change in a day, so keep an eye on the website.
Bethany Park Covid-related REFUND policy:
- if there is a governmental directive in regards to a national Covid related event, whereby we must close, there will be a full refund. It will not be logistically possible for us to refund immediately. We will process the refunds as quickly as we are able for you.
- If you need to cancel your booking before your arrival date, for a Covid-related reason, we will refund your deposit.
Protocol should there be a Covid case at Bethany Park this summer:
The protocol, should there be a Covid case at Bethany Park, is for the Nelson District Health Board to come in and make the call on what to do, it is not a decision for the Bethany Park Trust Board or Manager.
Thank you for your understanding and respect in regards to our stance of inclusiveness.