We are in Red in the Traffic Light system along with the rest of New Zealand. We remain open as all accommodation and businesses can under this level. We continue with the same care and attention which we have had in place since the onset of Covid in New Zealand. If you do need to cancel because of Covid, please email us and a full refund will be given.
We have outlined below our response to Covid, based on information from the HPNZ ( Holiday Parks NZ), which are governed by Government mandates, our own Health & Safety requirements and our heritage as a hospitable and inclusive Holiday Park and Camp. The Traffic Light system outlines that Campgrounds can remain open at all levels of this new system.
According to HPNZ, there is no mandate for vaccination certificates for holiday parks, so everyone is welcome at Bethany Park. It is the individual decision of each Holiday Park whether they choose to mandate a Vaccination Pass only policy. We have chosen not to implement this. We are not anti-vax, our stance is inclusiveness.
Changes and safety measures for a safe and healthy camp environment:
- Mask-wearing is mandatory in the indoor communal area, eg. Shower/toilet blocks and office.
- Social distancing with floor markers and maximum number of people in buildings applies where practical. We are not able to separate camp sites or toilet/shower blocks. Neither has it been possible to restrict numbers in the shower/toilet blocks but cleaning protocol is at a very high standard.
- Our Cleaning team are all vaccinated and use the highest grade of cleaning products available for the daily clean of all communal areas. Zoono, is our main cleaning product, it is a long-acting surface protectant for up to 30 days and has been clinically proven to kill Covid virus on contact. We use the EcoLab product, Peroxide Multi which is a cleaner/sanitiser proven to kill the Covid virus in 45 seconds. This is used daily in all communal areas and cleaning the accommodation. There will be separation barriers in place so the cleaning teams can work without masks for their comfort and your safety.
- The indoor dining rooms, kitchens and lounge spaces in Camp One and Camp Two are closed until further notice.
- The outdoor BBQ and kitchen areas are open with full facilities available. We ask you to cook and eat on your site or in your cabin as much as possible.
- We have installed barrier arms at the entrance by the office and entrance to the storage areas, only cars registered at the office can now access beyond the carpark.
This information is accurate for today, but as we know it can change in a day, so keep an eye on the website.
Bethany Park Covid-related REFUND policy:
- If you need to cancel your booking before your arrival date, for a Covid-related reason, we will refund your deposit in full or we can hold it as a credit toward a future visit.
Thank you for your understanding and respect in regards to our stance of inclusiveness.